We are delighted to be working with an innovative Bristol based business to help them find their next Finance Director
An award-winning engineering consultancy with a creative team of engineers, designers and technical specialists, they are about to embark on their next phase of growth.
They are looking for a truly commercial qualified Accountant to support them by driving change in the way the business captures and uses financial information to develop successfully.
This is part of a wider drive to better deliver their customer outcomes, balancing the needs of their clients and the people that use the buildings they design with the needs of the planet we inhabit. This will involve considerable financial change and represents an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate.
This progressive organisation offers a 9 day fortnight with a flexible/hybrid approach to days on office.
- The Finance Director will ensure that all financial responsibilities are delivered and there is a focus on the delivery of the company’s strategic and business objectives. The role will provide leadership, vision and direction within the Finance team.
- Responsible for the leading the Finance function to record, report and analyse the financial performance of the business and detail findings to the board, the role will work closely with the Managing Director, the Director of Operations and other business leaders to identify opportunities to create more profitable business outcomes
Responsibilities will include;
- Providing leadership to the company’s Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position, developing a culture of identifying and tackling issues in our performance
- Working with senior business leaders to provide financial support and measurement to growth strategies and plans
- Overall responsibility for financial systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company’s finances, including the financial control framework. Ensuring that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth. Ensure that accounting policies comply with relevant accounting standards and that Group policies are followed.