We are recruiting for a fascinating start-up business in Frome who are growing quickly and in need of a Finance Manager to run the accounts. We are very open in terms of background that the successful candidate might come from, and we view this as a unique opportunity for someone with Qualified, Part- Qualified or Qualified-by-Experience to get involved with one of the most exciting start-up businesses we've ever seen.
The product and offering is very unique and this role plays a crucial part in that.
The Finance Manager will help support and manage the growing business. As part of the Senior Management team, you would be responsible for the day-to-day financial management of the company, assisting in setting out financial processes and approvals with a focus on working with the stakeholders to manage budgets and reporting. The transactional finance functions are currently outsourced to an external bookkeeping firm, so you would be their key point of contact, ensuring a timely flow of information and the accurate recording of all underlying accounting entries.
- First point of contact for all external and internal finance matters
- Principle liaison with our outsourced bookkeeping function to ensure consistency of service and accurate capturing of all financial transactions
- Ongoing reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
- Preparation of monthly management accounts with accompanying analysis
- Assisting senior stakeholders with creation and monitoring of project-specific budgets
- Ongoing monitoring and refinement of the 13-week rolling cashflow forecast
- Managing the monthly payroll process with the outsourced payroll bureau
- Raising sales invoices and ongoing credit control (high value, low volume of events)
- Raising proposed payment runs for authorisation and administering payments and ensuring ongoing compliance with HMRC regulations
- Identifying any areas of potential improvement of current processes
- Assisting the CFO and CEO with any ad-hoc financial analysis needed
We are looking for:
A Qualified, Part-Qualified or Qualified by Experience candidate who is diligent in their work and personable. This is a start-up environment so we need a real problem-solver and someone capable of introducing new processes and controls where necessary.