We are recruiting for a business enjoying record growth levels and a name synonymous with customer excellence and a phenomenal market share. Our client is on the lookout for a Financial Accountant to own the cash forecasting cycle and balance sheet forecasting processes, and this would perhaps someone who is currently in practice and looking for a step into industry. This role will be a mix of working in the office and working from home (1-2 days per week).
The key responsibilities include:
- Own the fortnightly direct cash forecasting cycle for the business, including co-ordination, facilitation and management of wider finance teams who input directly into the process (commercial and operational finance).
- Lead the monthly balance sheet and indirect cashflow forecasting process, ensuring that forecasts are accurate, complete and well understood. This includes investigation of variances to forecast, as well as reconciling between direct and indirect cashflow at a net cashflow level.
- Lead annual budgeting for balance sheet and cashflow, working alongside the commercial finance team and the wider business to ensure that budgets are accurate, well documented and robustly controlled.
- Build strong working relationships within and outside of the Finance team
- Provide support and input into the long-term plan process for cashflow and balance sheet, supporting the business in achieving its long-term objectives.
- Provide oversight of the weekly forecast vs actual cashflow reporting, ensuring that variances are well understood and clearly articulated to senior management. This includes ensuring that recurring variances are investigated and resolved, improving the robustness and control over forecasting.
- Work alongside key stakeholders ensuring the business is compliant with its obligations (including external audit & Group reporting guidelines), providing direction where necessary and escalating critical risks accordingly to the Financial Controller
- Review and monitors existing processes, engages Financial Controller with continuous improvement recommendations - updates lead and evolves necessary and agreed changes
- Support senior leadership with ad-hoc projects and subject matter expertise as required, acting as the custodian to both process control and accuracy in protecting the integrity of financial controls and accuracy
We are looking for:
- Person should be qualified ACA or ACCA or CIMA with financial accounting background and 2 years+ PQE experience.
- Subject matter expert in cashflow forecasting and reporting.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel essential
- Attention to detail / strong analytical skills / ability to rapidly understand business operations and the inherent risks
- Commercial awareness; understand the impact on business and those of their team
- Ability to communicate difficult messages in a balanced way and work with all levels
- Not afraid to tackle issues or appropriately challenge when problems occur.