This role can be based from home 2-3 days per week
Kate John Associates are excited to be partnering with this growing, fast-paced and market-leading business in Cheltenham, who are looking for a Group Consolidation Manager to help bolster their talented Finance function. This role is within the Group Financial Accounting Team (GFA), who are responsible for the provision and control of financial information for the group, including its subsidiaries. They support the wider finance function through the provision of financial reporting for management information and external reporting purposes. The team provide the group with technical accounting expertise and ensures that the group and its funds are compliant with statutory accounting and other legislative requirements.
The key stakeholders to the GFA team are the wider finance function including teams across Europe, the private equity firm and external auditors. The success of the team depends upon effective cross functional working across finance and their ability to provide their stakeholders with high quality information on a timely basis.
The Group Consolidation Manager will produce Annual reports for the group. This role is the technical accounting expert for group level transactions, structuring and reporting.
This senior Accountant will focus on developing the processes and skills of a trainee accountant, to improve their financial understanding and process efficiency to deliver a high quality, timely service to all our customers, both internal and external:
- Responsible for the production of the Group Consolidation at various levels within the organisational structure, including ensuring that SAGE is up to date with all relevant consolidation postings for the UK & Ireland substructure.
- Responsible for liaising with teams in Belgium, Norway and Ireland (and anywhere else where the group expands) in order to pull together a full consolidation at the top level of the organisational structure in Luxembourg.
- Responsible for the group year end timetable and liaising with all teams across Europe to ensure that the accounts are audited and filed in line with government legislation, banking requirements and shareholder agreements.
- Responsible for the preparation of the financial statements for inclusion in the annual reports. Includes liaising with senior management, the wider finance function, Core private equity, foreign accounting divisions and auditors.
- Responsible for accounting for share capital and share option schemes.
- Assisting in the development of the wider GFA team to support the group consolidation accounting and monthly management accounting.
- Modelling a keen focus on accuracy, integrity and financial control within the finance function whilst maintaining a positive attitude to change and supporting business needs.
- Continual improvement of the processes and controls surrounding the consolidation process and statutory reporting process.
- Responsible for accounting for and reporting of the group
- Maintenance of the Group Accounting manual, including regular review with business owners to ensure accurate and up to date.
- Responsible for developing adequate processes for internal and external reporting needs including set up of subsidiaries with different functional currencies
SAGE nominal superuser - responsible for maintenance of the chart of accounts, user acceptance testing as and when required for upgrades and other change
We are looking for:
- Qualified finance professional ACA/ACCA/CIMA (typically 3-5 years PQE) with experience in industry desirable.
- Experience dealing with Groups and consolidation accounting.
- Up to date technical accounting knowledge with experience of using this in reporting and a desire to keep abreast of current practise and legislative changes.
- Excellent IT skills including advanced MS Excel Skills.
- Self-starter who can demonstrate initiative, with the ability to work at pace whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality.
- An ability to communicate with individuals at various levels across the business and develop good working relationships.
- Excellent analytical skills and an ability to explain complex requirements and processes to others in a coherent way
- A positive and collegiate attitude.
- Comfortable and accomplished in working across departmental boundaries and senior management