Stonewood Group is an innovative, award-winning construction business, delivering high-quality building projects, providing exceptional customer service and a commitment to excellence for 50 years.
With a passion for sustainability and a market-leading approach to housebuilding, the Group is well-supported by a network of institutional and private wealth. In 2021 Stonewood was one of the first five businesses in the UK to secure investment from Housing Growth Partnerships’ Regional Growth Initiative providing the foundation for ambitious growth of its development arm.
In autumn last year Stonewood received the Federation of Master Builders’ prestigious National Master Builder of The Year award.
As a member of Senior Management Team and Group Board; this is a highly commercial position sitting within a fast paced and high growth business.
ROLE AND REPSONSIBILITIES
- Overall responsibility for all internal and external financial reporting, taxation and cashflow management across all businesses within the Stonewood Group
- Deliver the ongoing financing and funding strategy with Banks and other external funders in conjunction with the Chief Operating Officer
- Overall responsibility for all financial budgets and business forecasting and input to the Group business planning process
- Contribute to he financial success of projects by working closely with commercial teams
- Direct supervision of the Group Accountant, Group Financial and Commercial Analyst, Finance Manager (all qualified accountants), together with overall responsibility for the other nine members of the Finance Team
- Key point of contact with Banks, funders, auditors and external advisers
You will be professionally qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with previous experience within a senior financial management position
Previous experience of delivering financial strategies in conjunction with external funders and investors
Able to handle and prioritise multiple tasks across multiple divisions and businesses, adopting a "hands-on", can-do approach
Able to confidently manage differing cashflow and working capital cycles
Confident in communicating with both internal and external customers at all levels
Previous experience of construction / housebuilding industry extremely desirable
Whilst the beautiful office is in Castle Combe with excellent access from the M4, we offer flexible/hybrid working.
Excellent benefits include; Bonus, Car allowance, Pension, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.