Title: Interim Financial Analyst
Role: New role created to provide management with relevant financial and operational data to improve business performance. The role requires extracting data from SAGE 50, Excel spreadsheets, and analysis to understand variances and identify trends. Design and preparation of new management reports e.g. branch profitability, customer profitability, overhead analysis. Great opportunity in a high profile role within the business, to work with our accounts and operational managers, and to develop new management reports that will really help identify areas for management action and drive the performance of the business.
Period: 6 months
Reporting to: Finance Director
Working with: Financial Controller, accounts team, commercial and production managers
Qualifications: Part or fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
Experience: Demonstrated ability to extract new data and provide meaningful analysis
- Hands on, can do attitude with a pragmatic approach
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use initiative to extract appropriate data, work with incomplete data and propose assumptions
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written & IT) able to work with the accounts, commercial and production teams
- Experience of accounting software
- Advanced excel skills with the ability to create structured user friendly Excel models that can be handed over to another user.