We are proud to be recruiting for a growing, family-owned business in North Bristol, who are currently looking for a Group Financial Controller. Reporting into the Head of Group Finance, this role is responsible for ownership of financial control across the group including processes for external financial reporting, tax, treasury, transactional processing, balance sheet review, and coordinating with the Finance Manager for all areas of own responsibility to help drive continuous improvement. This is a hands-on role in a busy finance department but is a great opportunity to join a market leader and add significant value- from forming the basis for strategic decisions to the development of finance and its processes- this is a unique role in a great working environment. This role can be worked from home for 3 days per week.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Ownership of tax and treasury activities across the group including:
- Management of Tax & Treasury Manager and all their activities
- Day to day relationship management with the banks
- Support Head of Group Finance in creating and executing strategic financing plans
- Reviewing credit control monitoring/actions across the group
- Ownership of External financial reporting activities
- Management of the audit and stat process across the group, coordinating across the regional controllers to ensure the group and subsidiary audits and stat filings run smoothly
- Management of other external financial filings across the group, coordinating with regional controllers to ensure compliance
- Review and maintenance of group accounting policies
Ownership of transactional processes followed across the group, reviewing, aligning and maintaining as necessary while liaising with regional controllers to ensure continuous improvement and compliance with local regulatory requirements, including:
- Accounts payable including scheduling of supplier payments
- Accounts receivable
- Cash postings / bank reconciliations
- Expenses administration
- Timesheets posting / overtime calculations
- Payroll processing/control
- Posting of payroll journals
- Month end/year end postings
- Balance sheet reconciliations
Monitoring the current and forecast balance sheet for opportunities to optimise and then driving action to realise those opportunities.
Coordinating with the Finance Manager for all areas of own responsibility to help drive continuous improvement and a transition to system-based processing, reporting and control, the data warehouse and reporting tools.
We are looking for a qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with a strong track record of financial management and/or control, along with someone who is diligent and adapatable and enjoys owning and improving processes and controls.