*** Incredible central Bristol retail brand, fast paced, agile and high growth***
What you will be doing
- Monthly accounting processes, including posting month-end journals, to a Group timetable.
- Preparing accurate balance sheet reconciliations and reviewing trade debtor & creditor reconciliations prepared by Financial Operations.
- Monthly analytical review of P&L
- Responsibility for UK stock - monitoring inventory, monthly reporting/reconciliation & count management for the warehouse and 17 stores.
- Collaboration with logistics, supply chain, retail and business development department heads to develop accounting processes and report on new omni-channel offerings.
- Participation in ongoing projects to enhance financial control and improve accuracy of reporting.
- Supporting the year-end audit
- Continuous improvement in processes, driving efficiency and ensuring data integrity, documenting when changes are made or implemented.
- Play an integral role in building the culture of growth, ambition and customer delight.
What You Will Bring to The Role
- Preferable experience within an equivalent role and understanding of financial control processes
- You’ll be accountable for the accurate, timely and efficient processing of key transactional activities so it's critical that you're organised and practical.
- You're dynamic, hands-on, a strong communicator and able to hit the ground running.
- You will understand the importance of building relationships and working towards deadlines.
- You will have great attention to detail and will take a proactive approach to problem solving.
- You are happy in a fluid working environment and are adept at working on multiple tasks, prioritising when necessary.
- You are proactive and actively seek solutions to problems, happy to work autonomously where required.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and problem solving independently and with other teams
- ACA qualified - 2 years+ post PQE in industry
- Strong Excel skills (V-Lookup, Functions & Pivot tables an advantage).
- Experience with preparing and filing VAT returns preferred.